Before going vegan, I used to *love* cheese balls. I don’t really know what my fascination with them was, but I guess it was just the mixture of cheese with nuts and other savory spices that just made it great.
My favorite recipe used Velveeta cheese (yeah, I know…) – but still, it was really good. Since going vegan, there really wasn’t a vegan cheese that had the right consistency to form a good cheese ball – that is, until Daiya introduced their “wedges” earlier in 2012.
I made this for my New Year’s Eve party the other day, and it turned out to be quite magical. I hope you enjoy!
Vegan Cheese Ball
- 1 package of Daiya Cheddar Wedges
- 1 package of vegan cream cheese (I used the new Follow Your Heart brand)
- 1 vegan salad dressing seasoning packet (I used Whole Foods’ Garlic Vinaigrette)
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- Shred Daiya Cheddar wedge
- Combine with package of #vegan cream cheese
- Mix with a vegan salad dressing packet (I used Whole Foods Garlic Vinaigrette). You may only need half the packet, start with half then add extra to taste.
- Roll into a ball and coat with pecan pieces!
- Chill for about 30 minutes and serve with your favorite cracker (Late July “Classic Rich” is a vegan Ritz-style cracker that is great!). Very easy!